At this time, we do not anticipate any additional school leader openings for the 2017-18 school year. We are always looking for great talent though so encourage you to apply for future opportunities.
Lead the Transformation of Catholic Education in Milwaukee
Seton Catholic Schools is a new, collaborative network of K-8 parish schools in Greater Milwaukee. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. By 2020, Seton will include nearly 30 schools serving 10,000 students and be a national model for urban school renewal. As a Seton Catholic Schools Principal, you will be a key leader in this important transformation.
We are looking for Principals who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to driving academic success and character formation for all students, regardless of background. Seton Catholic Schools Principals are responsible for creating the conditions in which students are loved, respected and provided opportunities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
Seton principals are the instructional leaders of their school and focus at least three-fourths of their time on activities involved in leading and developing instructional staff to continuously improve their instruction and drive student achievement. Our Principals are also responsible for creating a loving, supportive, and faith-filled school culture in which students, families, and the broader parish and neighborhood community are deeply engaged.
Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set ambitious school-wide vision and goals, aligned with Seton’s Educational Model, that ensures all students are on track to graduate eighth grade at or above grade level and prepared for a high performing high school.
- Manage and develop a school leadership team with a clear vision and understanding of their roles and responsibilities in regards to instruction, operations, enrollment and compliance.
- Model expectations for leaders, teachers, staff, and students on school-wide practices for a positive learning culture.
- Set annual performance goals with all staff; Evaluate all instructional staff on their effectiveness annually.
- Direct the school's standards-based assessment strategies and systems in order to cultivate a data-driven culture where assessments are used to increase learning and support all students.
- Monitor classroom instruction and provide feedback and coaching to teachers.
- Skillfully manage school budget and staffing to maximize student success, in collaboration with Seton operations team.
- Infuse Catholic faith and values into the daily life of the school by engaging parish leaders, families and other local stakeholders.
- Participate in Seton Catholic Schools network initiatives, including but not limited to: long-term academic planning; service, character, and faith-formation initiatives; designing/facilitating professional development; teacher and staff recruitment and hiring; leadership development; and fundraising.
- Ensure compliance with all Archdiocesan and Seton policies, as well as state and federal laws.
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep belief in the potential of all children, regardless of their background.
- Respect for and motivation to preserve and build upon the legacy of urban Catholic education.
- A relentless work ethic and a high degree of patience to push through difficult challenges.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture.
- Demonstrated ability to create inclusive environments that honor and support diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to introduce new concepts and drive success around common vision and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.
- Experience with data-driven assessments to achieve student academic goals and inform instructional decisions and interventions.
- Comprehensive understanding of appropriate application and differentiation of high-leverage instructional strategies based on comprehension of child development and pedagogy.
- A minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience with at least 2 years of leadership experience in schools that serve low-income and diverse students, as well as demonstrated student results at an exemplary level in both roles.
- Bachelor’s degree from competitive university and State of Wisconsin school administrator license required; Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- Seton Catholic Schools Principals must be practicing Catholics.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Flexible, autonomous workplace with strong emphasis on work-life balance.
- Unlimited potential for professional growth—we are building a new model for urban, Catholic education.
- Professional development partnerships with local colleges, universities and education non-profits, including pathways to earn a Wisconsin school administration license.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our communities.