Join a Transformational Team
Seton Catholic Schools is a new, collaborative network of parish elementary and middle schools in Greater Milwaukee. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. By 2020, Seton will include nearly 30 schools serving 10,000 students and be a national model for urban school renewal. By joining our team, you will help lead this important transformation.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and relationship-driven professional to lead proactive talent recruitment, selection and development initiatives within our fast-growing school network. The Talent Recruitment and Development Specialist will refine and execute best-in-class sourcing, outreach, marketing, recruitment, and selection practices to identify, hire, and place high-quality teachers, leaders and other staff across the Seton Catholic Schools network. He or she will work with the Director of Talent to develop and maintain a robust pipeline of Catholic educators for Milwaukee through university and partner relationships and by supporting career pathway programs. He or she will also support employee onboarding, talent management, and employee engagement strategies that advance the mission and vision of Seton Catholic Schools.
The job will include the following duties and responsibilities:
Sourcing, Recruitment and Selection
- Source outstanding prospects for teacher, resident teacher, education assistant and school leader positions.
- Conduct and track outreach and ongoing communication with prospects and applicants.
- Develop and refine recruitment marketing materials (brochures, website, other collateral) consistent with Seton’s employer brand.
- Serve as a compelling ambassador of Seton Catholic Schools in a variety of setting; Plan and execute outreach/marketing activities to identify and inspire top prospects to apply.
- Review applications to determine which candidates to advance in the selection process, conduct initial interviews to understand a candidate's qualifications and fit with Seton Catholic Schools.
- Coordinate a rigorous and efficient selection process in collaboration with hiring managers, including scheduling and preparing interviews.
- Coordinate efficient hiring process in partnership with Human Resources.
- Partner with Leadership Team and hiring managers to ensure sourcing, recruitment and selection process is inclusive and values the diversity of our staff, students and families as well as organizational values and Catholic identity.
- Grow a robust and diverse pipeline of Catholic educators for Milwaukee by:
- Developing a network-wide field experience/student teaching program.
- Developing and managing Seton’s summer intern program and selection process.
- Managing programmatic aspects of the Seton Teacher Residency and Project INVEST EA-to-Teacher career pathway programs and partnership with Magis Catholic Teaching Corps.
- Participating in citywide K-12 human capital and teacher/leader recruitment initiatives.
- Support the implementation of teacher, leader and employee performance management programs.
- Build reports and dashboards to measure recruiting performance based on organizational goals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs and strategies that drive employee engagement, enhance morale, and communicate critical information to over 450 employees (and growing), including:
- Writing internal communications.
- Developing, implementing, and refining an employee onboarding program for all new hires.
- Developing and organizing employee recognition initiatives and events.
- Facilitating regular employee engagement survey and reporting.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated interest in promoting academic excellence and faith formation in the education sector.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to serve all of Seton Catholic School’s customers and constituencies.
- Self-motivated and high-achieving; thrives on a small team as both an individual contributor and collaborative team member.
- Ability to manage day-to-day on the ground work as well as strategic and analytical work.
- Quick learner who desires and is responsive to feedback.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and track record of building strong relationships.
- Exceptional writing skills (for both traditional and social media).
- Demonstrated comfort with technology, including proficiency in Google Suite and experience with a cloud-based constituent relationship management program.
- Experience implementing strategies to connect with diverse, multicultural communities.
- Experience leading colleagues or initiatives with demonstrated results.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in recruitment, human resources or school leadership.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and extended workdays as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- A collaborative, regional network of educators aligned to vision, mission and educational outcomes.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our communities.