Join a Transformational Team
Seton Catholic Schools is a new, collaborative network of K-8 parish schools in Greater Milwaukee. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. By 2020, Seton will include nearly 30 schools serving 10,000 students and be a national model for urban school renewal. As a Seton school leader, you will be a leader in this important transformation.
We are looking for school leaders who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping students and their families succeed. Seton Catholic Schools leaders are responsible for creating the conditions in which all students, regardless of background, are loved, respected and provided classroom and extra-curricular opportunities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
The Dean of Instruction is responsible for leading the development of the school instructional staff. They partner with the Principal to lay the vision for the pathway of student academic gains. This may include direct teacher coaching, curriculum oversight and development, assessment coordination, and organizing school-based professional development. Key responsibilities for the Dean of Instruction also include:
- Overseeing and directing professional development of all instructional staff, including teachers and instructional educational assistants.
- Regularly observing instruction and providing timely and relevant feedback on plans, practices, and strategies to ensure continuous improvement and ongoing development of instructional staff.
- Creating a culture of sharing effective practices and resources among instructional staff.
- Directing the school's standards-based assessment strategies and systems in order to support a data-driven culture where assessments are used to increase learning and support all students
- Assessing the efficacy of the school’s curriculum and interventions and, when warranted, identifying and implementing new strategies,
- With the Principal, ensuring annual performance goals are set with all instructional staff.
- Participating in Seton Catholic Schools network initiatives, including, but not limited to, curriculum development, long-term academic planning, and designing/facilitating professional development.
School leaders are hired by Seton Catholic Schools and then matched to a best-fit school and position. All candidates have the opportunity to visit the school before accepting an employment offer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep belief in the potential of all children and the values of Catholic education.
- Commitment to driving academic and spiritual growth in all students.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture.
- Personal responsibility for professional results.
- A data-driven mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.
- Experience working with students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- At least three years of teaching experience demonstrating excellent instructional practices and student outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching license required.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Network-driven coaching and professional development.
- A collaborative, regional network of educators aligned to vision, mission and educational outcomes.
- Professional development partnerships with local colleges, universities and education non-profits, including pathways to earn a Wisconsin school administration license.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our communities.