Join a Transformational Team
Seton Catholic Schools is a new, collaborative network of K-8 parish schools in Greater Milwaukee. We are coming together to strengthen academics, faith formation and life-long outcomes for all students. By 2020, Seton will include nearly 30 schools serving 10,000 students and be a national model for urban school renewal. As a Seton school leader, you will be a leader in this important transformation.
We are looking for school leaders who will bring a “whatever it takes” attitude to helping students and their families succeed. Seton Catholic Schools leaders are responsible for creating the conditions in which all students, regardless of background, are loved, respected and provided classroom and extra-curricular opportunities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
The Dean of Students will work with the Principal to ensure that all students demonstrate dramatic gains by building and maintaining systems to cultivate and maintain a joyous and achievement-oriented school culture. This individual will lead the school’s efforts to create a positive, structured, consistent, caring, and disciplined culture, including the following responsibilities and expectations:
- Modeling the school’s values and the standard for professional behavior.
- Supporting teachers to hold all students to high and consistent behavioral expectations.
- Serving as the point person for dealing with behavioral crisis-intervention and acute behavioral issues.
- Assisting teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual behavior plans.
- Building strong working relationship among school and church leadership around student achievement, faith formation and student/family engagement efforts.
- Leading staff efforts to ensure all students have excellent attendance and arrive at school on time.
- Acting as a resource to teachers in their instructional practice, especially as it relates to issues of discipline, relationships with students, classroom management, and school culture.
School leaders are hired by Seton Catholic Schools and then matched to a best-fit school and position. All candidates have the opportunity to visit the school before accepting an employment offer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep belief in the potential of all children and the values of Catholic education.
- Commitment to driving academic and spiritual growth in all students.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture.
- Personal responsibility for professional results.
- A data-driven mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.
- At least two years of teaching experience demonstrating excellent classroom management skills.
- Experience working with students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Demonstrated implementation of age-appropriate instructional best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching license required.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental and vision coverage.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee pension program.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Network-driven coaching and professional development.
- A collaborative, regional network of educators aligned to vision, mission and educational outcomes.
- Professional development partnerships with local colleges, universities and education non-profits, including pathways to earn a Wisconsin school administration license.
- A commitment to hiring a diverse team, reflective of our communities.